If this message displays incorrectly, please view the web page

jon-lewin  
Jonathan S. Lewin  
February 1, 2016

Ready to begin

Please view a brief video message from Dr. Lewin.

Today I am deeply honored to begin serving Emory University as executive vice president for health affairs, executive director of the Woodruff Health Sciences Center, and president, CEO, and chairman of the board of Emory Healthcare. The Woodruff Health Sciences Center's health system, schools, and research enterprise have a stellar reputation, positive community impact, and a deep commitment to making people healthy. I'm proud to be joining such an outstanding institution, and I'm eager to get started.

I'm joining the Emory team at an exciting time. I am aware of the external challenges we and other academic health centers face, but with such great challenge comes even greater opportunity, and we're going to embrace those opportunities together. We have the outstanding talent and drive necessary to redefine the practice of medicine, the education of health professionals, advances in basic and clinical science, and the national dialogue around how we approach health and healing. WHSC will not merely adapt to change, but will lead it in ways that are both profound and transformative.

I'm excited to begin, but before I do, I want to express my gratitude to Dr. Mike Johns, who stepped up to lead WHSC over the past five months and who has led with characteristic vision and determination, and with an extraordinary depth of compassion for all the people we serve—faculty and staff, students, patients and families, and the community. I am, as I know you are, grateful to Mike for his leadership, and I will continue to call on him as a trusted resource for whom the success of WHSC and its people is always a top priority.

I've been impressed by the excellence and passion of all the people I've met on my first few visits to WHSC, and I'm looking forward to meeting many more of you in the months ahead. Thank you for the warm welcome that many of you have already provided to my wife Linda and me as we join the Emory community, and thank you for all that you do!

All the best,

Jonathan S. Lewin, MD
Executive VP for Health Affairs
Executive Director, Woodruff Health Sciences Center
President, CEO, and Chairman of the Board, Emory Healthcare

emory university WHSC past issues forward contact us WHSC emory university WHSC update