If this message displays incorrectly, please view the web page

Highlights of the past year

Michael M.E. Johns  
September 1, 2015

WHSC is redefining health and healing

Please view a brief video message from Dr. Johns.

Beginning today, I will again have the honor of serving as executive vice president for health affairs as well as president, CEO, and chairman of the board of Emory Healthcare until a new leader is identified and brought on board. Serving in this role from 1996 to 2007 was one of the highlights of my career, and I'm delighted to be back in the Woodruff Health Sciences Center and Emory Healthcare.

Over the past few years, I've had many opportunities to see firsthand what the finest of our peer institutions are contributing to the health sciences, and no other academic health center has impressed me any more than Emory, with its great wealth of talent and potential. We're not working toward redefining health and healing; we are redefining health and healing, and I'm looking forward to working with each of you as we maintain and even accelerate our impressive momentum in research, education, and patient care.

Thanks so much for all that you do to make a difference for our patients, our students, and society. I very much look forward to working with you.

I also welcome your questions and comments. Please direct them to me at evphafeedback@emory.edu.

Michael M.E. Johns, MD
Executive VP for Health Affairs
President, CEO, and Chairman of the Board, Emory Healthcare

emory university WHSC past issues forward contact us WHSC emory university WHSC update